Question for mom's that like tattoos.

I really love the two tats that I have now. I really want more, but I also like to get ones that mean something to me because they're with you forever. I am also an avid cross-stitcher. My grandmother taught me and it is just what I love. I know it isn't popular and a lot of people associate it with being "old", but that's OK. I want to get a tattoo that looks like a cross-stitch heart with the thread coming off it, still attatched to the needle. Then the needle would look like it was piercing my skin in a small spot, in one side and out the other. Little bit "graphic", but still totally my personality. I haven't said anything to my artist yet because I love him a lot but he is an asshole and if he thinks it's stupid he'll tell me so, and then I will feel really bad. So is it a totally stupid idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If you like it then there should be no issues. If there is a tattoo artist that doesn't want to do it...like a previous posters mentioned....screw them. A true tattoo artist will do to the best of their abilities, the artwork that you the customer wants. The only altering the artist will do is to tweak the design so it looks right as a tattoo....no blurred lines, fits the body part correctly. Any artist "too good" to do your tattoo is not good enough.....by the way, i think the idea is very cute. I am an avid cross stitcher/knitter/crocheter/crafter...my most favorite tattoo I have is a ball of yarn with knitting needles and a somewhat comical "vigin de guadelupe" light rays all around it!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 10:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I think it's a great idea! if that's what you want GO FOR IT...maybe you need to find a new tat artist you love!
    mojomom2006

Answer by mojomom2006 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• When you said that you x-stitch... what you described was the first thing that popped into my head. I think it would look very cool, and if it's your personality, all the better!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think that would look awesome!!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Nothing that you've come up with originally and that means something to you is stupid. My DH is a tattoo artist and honestly the only things he thinks are stupid are when people come in and spend 10 minutes picking out flash off the wall that 500 other people probably have..
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I love it and I've worked in a tattoo shop and tattoo artists usually love new creative ideas and doing stuff they haven't done before and if your tattooists don't like it oh well its your body. I say go for it i also agree with aurorabunny about the people that go into shops and take forever looking at flash and getting the something a million other people have my tattoos are mine only one came from flash which was a dolphin with a 4 leaf clover in its mouth and we changed it to a cherry and he hadn’t done that before. Good luck!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I know that tattoo artists will tell you what they think, and here some wont do a tattoo if they dont like it...
    However, if it means something to you..that's all that matters. Go and talk to him and tell him your ideas and what it means to you. Then maybe he can give you a few of his ideas to improve it, if its nessesary, and draw you up something.
    I personally think it's lovely.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i have 19 tattoos...i asked the tattoo's artist opinion on whether or not the tattoo would look nice or not...and then since i was so nice and stuff i got my tattoos for REALLY cheap =]

and they came out AWESOME!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 1:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Both of my tattoos are very special to me. I still want two more. Neither of my tattoos are flash. They are both designs that I described to the tattoo artists and then they drew them up for me.

Never settle for less than you want or you will be disappointed. Explain it to your tattoo artist. Take in a sample cross-stitch pattern that is similar to what you want. If he thinks it is stupid, say bye. And find another tattoo artist who will appreciate that you want a work of art.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2009