I'm not really sure where to put this.... (Abortion pill?)

Okay, so I know I'm going to get yelled at and criticized for this, but I'm really just looking for guidance and personal experiences.......

I just had a baby in July and now, due to irresponsibilty with my bc, I think I may be pregnant again. The first day of my last period was February 20th, which makes me about a week late. My breasts are sore (although they were at my last period) and I'm slightly more tired than usual. I'm scared shitless to take a pregnancy test so I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure. :(

My question is this: I read that if you're less than 8 weeks gestation there is a pill available instead of a surgical procedure. Has anyone taken this pill or know anyone who has with any experiences? My sister had a surgical abortion a few months ago and she said it was horrifying emotionally. I'm hoping maybe the medical one isn't as bad..?

Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I heard about it when I got pregnant and the way they make it sound is prob the least 'damaging' My biggest thing is once knowing your pregnant you still know what your doing. I'm not going to shove my opinion down your throat but considering your circumstances I'd say that the fact you just had a baby and your body isn't fully healed yet and you don't sound ready to have another then it might be the best choice. (i'm biting my tongue saying this bc it's against everything I stand for) But I believe there are certain circumstances that would be better. (And honestly since i'm anon anyway) I almost did it too but couldn't
    Anonymous

• No matter which way you do "it", it will still probably be emotionally scarring. You're aborting a baby. I'm not telling you what to do either way, I'm sure you'll get enough of that from everybody else, but when you abort it with a pill its going to expell come out and that won't be fun either. Sorry...good luck.
    Anonymous

• Even at 2 weeks it'll be that bad?
    Anonymous

• I have heard of the morning after pill..notsure if that is conciderd the same thing or not. I havent taken it. But I have heard of people who had. It makes you miscarry. But I have also heard that in some cases, it kills the baby, but nothing comes out. And you have to have a dnc done to clean everything out which is probably just as bad as having the surgical abortion done.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you can take the abortoin pill which is different than the morning after pill. Do what's right for you and your family. Don't listen to the poeple bashing you. It causes bleeding and cramps, just like a miscarriage...nothing like a surgical abortion.You do not always have to have a d&c. YOu will not get accurate information about this from a lot of the women on this site. I'd google honestly
    Anonymous

• I don't know how bad it will be physically at 2 weeks...but emotionally, its hard to say...everybody is different. I know for ME it would be hard just knowing that its my child. I can't say how painful it would be but I heard miscarrying isn't fun. You just need to take the test. You got yourself into it, take the test and then figure out your options.
    Anonymous

• there is plane b at the phamacy but it only really works 48 hours of an opps ( no b/c and man did inside u typ thing ) but as far as i know its only 48 hour window. if you are pregnant u might have to see about other options ( calling doctor ) but plane b is in no form of a birth contoll its just an opps just in case. but as far as i know there is no pill to abort whats done is done now u have to take the next step. im not bashing just letteing u know what i know or heard. i wish u luck but take a test and call doc and just say this is what happend what can i do besides sit and wait 5-6 weeks. good luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• theres an abort pill?? wow am i late on times. ( sorry ) i have only heard of the plan b. learn something new everyday. again good luck hun. do what u feel is right for you and your family.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I realize emotionally it's gonna suck. I'm ridding myself of my own offspring. It's really hard. But at the same time, I just had a baby. She is my WHOLE world. She was planned (for those of you probably assuming I'm some whore off getting knocked up left and right) and it was my first and only pregnancy. I can't afford another baby right now, and the baby I have needs all of my love and attention. An unplanned pregnancy would probably shake up our entire world and things would not be happy at home. So in a way, it's for the sake of my daughter. Does that make sense or am I talking out of my neck?
    Anonymous

• You don't need to justify your actions to anyone on here. You are grown and you don't know any of us
    Anonymous