My cat's bleeding~HELP!

My cat has gotten out of the litter box and I noticed there was blood splatter on the floor that came from his butt after he went to the bathroom..what would cause this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pets

• My first guess is worms, or some sort of intestinal thing, like did he eat any string or anything? I know that if they eat that easter grass (popular this time of year) they can have stuff like that go on. I would take him to the vet, it could be something really serious or no big deal but you bever know untill you take him in for sure. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• are you sure it came from its butt? If its a female, she could be in heat??
    Anonymous

• I volunteer for a cat shelter ... and let me tell you that you need to get your cat to the vet and bring a fresh fecal sample with you. It could be anything... constipation, parasite (there are quite a few that cause blood in the stool), food allergy..... the sample will tell the same whats going on.
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 10:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My cat had this too. He eventually started peeing blood too and he would only pee once a day and it was never in the box and was enough to cover the entire bathroom floor. It was horrifying. I gave him to someone to care for him because the shelter wouldn't take him and I didn't have the heart to put him down. :(
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 1:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2009