How much is the going rate for sitters

How much should I charge to babysit a child with adhd add bi polor ect, I would be responsible for food and giving him his medication I am cpr and red cross trained

Asked by proudmomof5 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• I really don't have an answer to this as I have respite for my son and relatives that will take him for fre if needed but keep in mind that often a child with multiple disabilities the parents often have a lot more out of pocket expenses and may not be able to pay a lot because of it. I know that it is harder to watch a disabled kid than a NT one usualy but I don't think you shouldcharge more jsut because the kid is disabled. However, I do believe you are entitled to charge a little more as you are certified.

Answer by LadySaphira at 11:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I dont think I would charge more for babysitting a child with those types of behaviors. I would ask if the parents have a concise discipline regime set up reinforcing positive behaviors for you to follow with the child. I would also ask the parents to provide you with new or not often used toys or other forms of entertainment for you to use with the child. Otherwise when babysitting a child like this, I would take my own bag of goodies for the child to play with while you have them. This will encourage good behavior in the child. Make sure you use the goody bag for good behavior only. You can fill it with homeade crafts such as playdough made from koolaide etc. There is a great group about Arts and Crafts for kids on Cafe Mom to get you started with easy things to do. The child will look forward to having you and behave for you if they know they will always do something fun and have your attention in a positive way.

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2008