Fever in a 1 year old?

My daughter is 13 months old. Yesterday and today she's been running a bit of a fever, staying around 100.3, but spiking up to 101.6, and that is with tylenol in her system.

Is this something I should worry about? Should I be taking her to the doctor.. or ER since its a weekend?

dueinfeb2008

Asked by dueinfeb2008 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://www.seattlechildrens.org/child_health_safety/health_advice/fever.asp

I work at this hospital. Please look at the chart...it's really helpful.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Oh yeah....be sure to click the options "call your doc later," "treat at home" etc
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Thank you so much a_and_j_momma! Very helpful information.. she's my first and I think my husband has been more worried about it then I have.. Just wanted some good, accurate information.
    dueinfeb2008

Answer by dueinfeb2008 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• also help by keeping her cool light cloths or a cool face cloth. try to keep the fever from spiking to fast not to worry u but when my son was a year and a half he wasent feeling well slight fever and then his fever spiked fast 101 to 103 ( im sorry cant remember how high right now ) i just know it spiked like that (snap ) and he had a sezior (sp ) it was the worst thing in the world still is to me and we had to call 911 they rushed him to er. he was ok and they brought the fever down and no long term illnesses but i just want to give u a heads up just keep an eye on her fever and keep her cool but comfy. hope she feels better. xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No problem. It is always scary when our babies our sick. Hope she feels better!
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Her temp is going up slowly.. shes up to 101.7.. going to keep watching her tonight.. thanks for the advice guys :-)
    dueinfeb2008

Answer by dueinfeb2008 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Make sure you're alternating with tylenol and motrin.
    Anonymous