Do you Want to Fight the Patriot Act?

Go to this link for more: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1431387/Do_You_Want_to_Fight_the_Patriot_Act

Please comment and bump:
Mar. 27, 2009 at 8:43 PM
Do You Want to Fight the Patriot Act?
Be the first to comment
Well here is your chance. There is a bill in the House which would extend certain provisions for the next ten years. If you oppose this piece of legislation, then please contact your Congressman, ASAP!!! Please note that another name for the 2009 is called Safe and Secure America Act of 2009. Do NOT let that fool into you thinking this a different bill. The text of the bill clearly indicated that it is for the Patriot and merely stikes the old expiration date makes the new one for Dec 31, 2019. http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d111:2:./temp/~bdjh9h::|/bss/111search.html|(the...

Eilish

Asked by Eilish at 10:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i think the patriot is in place to make us more safe... so no thanks... im for it...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• nope.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I am for the patriot act and the wire tapping if they think you are up to something AND profiling! I am NOT for the gov't deciding how high I can set my thermostat, what color car I can buy and how many dr visits I get b4 they deem me too much $$ to cover. We are guaranteed to life , liberty, and the PERSUIT of happiness. To me that means the gov't has agencies to protect my life and liberty and they stay out of the way while I (me, myself, and I FOR me myself and I) PURSUE my happiness!

Anonymous

• The patriot act is BS legislation and it tricks you into thinking youre safer. I cant believe people feel this is justice and freedom!! Have any of you actually sat down and read word for word what this act says? I doubt it. Just like the people who voted it in, never read it. This country will stay messed up as long as people believe in BIG government.
    Fractal_mama

Answer by Fractal_mama at 11:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Anything this administration is for, is not good for us, everything has a catch with a dollar sign attached!!!
    Anonymous

• nope. it serves its purpose, especially when it comes to real estate.
    Kayleiigh

Answer by Kayleiigh at 1:46 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Keep it. We have had this for years ladies it is nothing new it is just the liberal media stirring up shit. How else do you think we have found out things about our enemy. Obama is going to screw everything up because he knows nothing about our military and what the world is doing. He is winging it and we are going to have to pay the price.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Keep it! This kind of intelligence gathering has caught terrorists in Britain and here in the U.S. This is why we have been safer the last 7 years.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• NO.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

The Patriot Act violates the Constitution
    trickortreat

Answer by trickortreat at 8:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2009