• In the Spotlight:

i don't get it...

i work for a huge childrens hospital in central ca and most of the medi-cal certifications are for hispanic kids, with the mom listed as unemployed and we're talking 2 last names..........wth why? don't white kids get medi-cal too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• well we get near minimum wage to do billing and get benefits, so our kids aren't on medi-cal. but thanks for giving us a job.
    Anonymous

• What's medi-cal?
    BubNSoap

Answer by BubNSoap at 10:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• it's free health care for the poor in california.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should ask the people that decide who qualifies for this health care.
    BubNSoap

Answer by BubNSoap at 11:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• it sucks because i process like 250+ of these a day and it's all for mostly babies that are really really sick. mainly bladder infections and rsv...chest scans and cystograms. i heard from my coworkers its worse in the summer, drowning and such are listed on there...............
    Anonymous

• I am white and my kids are on medi-cal. We go to children's hospital. I hope that most people there are more concerned about my children's health than their ability to pay or their ethnicity than you are.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009