Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband attacked me....i need some advice

im getting divorced and wednesday my husband attacked me but his family lied and said i hit him and i ended up going to jail,the police wouldnt listen to me they took his side and i went to jail for simple assault and im the one who is beat up and bruised! i dont know what to do? please help me!

Answer Question

Asked by 4lyfe56 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

Level 2 (13 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • They should have arrested both if you showed signs of bruising. I'm not saying you were at fault or should have been arrested, I'm just saying in a case where they don't know or someone says you did hit him but there is evidence showing he hit you then both are normally arrested. Call a domestic violence shelter and ask them how to handle it in your community. They would know.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • I would try to not be alone around any of them if you have to have contact with him or his family always have someone with you - even if you have to request a police escort

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • Sounds like your husband has friends in high places.

    You need a lawyer that isn't afraid of him.

    Answer by timelessglass at 11:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • The most you can do is serve your time get out and come up with a plan to leave that ass..... if you already have somewhere to go then GO while you can don't get all stuck up in the bullshit and move forward with your life cause its not just you thats in trouble- your kids are the ones being influenced to act out that way, i've been in some bad relationships - just think of it this way how will you feel 5 yrs from now when you look back, or will you be in the same situation

    Answer by tonipaffel at 11:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.