• In the Spotlight:

What do you think?

Shouldn't a SAHM's kid be potty trained sooner that a working mom's kid?

My friend's kid wasn't poo trained till almost 4. But I successfully potty trained my son by 2 and 3 months. I'm the working mom, she's the SAHM.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm a SAHM and we are working really hard on potty training my 2yr.2mth. old. Yes, I am home with her everyday and she has good days and bad days. If it were a matter of me just being home with her, then yes, she should be trained. But, she is stubborn and refuses to use the potty some days. I don't think that has anything to do with whether I am home with her or not. I don't think it's fair to judge your friend for not having her child trained, every child is different and trains at their own pace, not ours.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 10:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It doesnt have anything to do with working/nonworking parents. Every child developes at a different rate regardless of what their mother does for a living.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I thought u had to be at home all the time to p/t
    Anonymous

• Uhh..both my kids were potty trained around 2 and I worked and went to school. I guess when it's important, you make it a priority!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i agree with Chandra034
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Every child develops differently...this just sounds like someone wants to stir up some trouble to me.

Anonymous

• You get a lower day care rate for potty trained!
    prettyrayray

• oh shut -up! who is better? shut-upp you are so immature ! ! !
    Anonymous

• It depends on the child I'm a sahm and my dd was potty trained by 18 mons my niece who will be 3 on 4-20 still isnt potty trained she just dont wont to and her mom dont want to push it cause it can cause regression. My one neice wasnt potty trained until 4 cause her mom pushed her into it to soon
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think you are trying to pat yourself on the back to soothe your conscious. I totally understand-- if I were allowing daycare to raise my child, I'd do the same thing.

Anonymous