Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abusive Situation...what do I do?

ok, so I work with this girl that her husband is very mean to her..and she is afraid to leave him and she has told us that she is scared of him, and he has told her that she is fat and can't do any better so she has to be with him. she says she loves him..but, you know how that is. in other words she is scared of what he will do to her. They have a 2 month old together and a 2 year old. They drink everynight and pass out. and I worry soooooo much about those kids! what and where are those kids when this partying is going on. Why! Why! I feel sooo sorry for those kids. Do you think I have any right to do something about it? or should i just stay back because I'm scared that guy may come after me and my family?! what should I do..i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place...let me know what you think I should do

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

Answers (11)
  • Call CPS and lodge an anonymous complaint.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • I think you should do something about it. There are ways that you can get help for her without him finding out or knowing. There are hotlines for that kind of stuff and places you can call it all depends on where you live and she must be willing to get help herself first.

    Answer by JYC42488 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • as a friend you have the right to influence her in the right direction... start bringing up new guys - start asking to hang out more- go to public places.... she probly can't even remember what its like to really have fun and have someone to enjoy her company and once she realizes that shes better then that maybe shell just get fed up and start doin her own thing..... its a long hard process to go through cause you gotta think it took yrs for her to get that way its gunna take alot for her to see something differant

    Answer by tonipaffel at 11:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • If one day you found out that something happened to those kids while all of this was going on and you did nothing how would you feel? Not trying to be mean but everyday I hear stories like this where the mother was abused and killed with the kids present or the parents were getting high and drunk and the kids got into things and dies and etc. When its too late, you cant erase what has happened. Take a stand for what you believe is right and do something if not a as a friend to this person then as a protector for those babies.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • If you're in California, good luck! My neighbors baby's mom dropped him off the other night with EIGHT STITCHES AND NO EXPLANATION. He reported it to CPS and I reported it to the Child Abuse Hotline and nothing happened. It's bullshit. Good luck! :(

    Answer by MommyHess at 1:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • Does she ever show up still drunk? With bruises that are noticeable, that are not hidden? Document what she says to you on a calendar, if there are bruises or obvious signs of injury ask what happened and document that. Keep the calendar where no one sees it but you have access. It may not be admissable but it will show a pattern. Encourage her to get help and leave, it could mean the difference between life and death...for her and the children.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • Due to privacy laws, CPS can NOT give a name as to who called. For just that reason. They could get the parents into a violent rage, after YOU. I would just call and tell them what you know. Not what you THINK. Make sure you answer all of their questions correctly, and if you don't know, then say so. They should go out to the home on Monday. =] Good luck. and PLEASE don't be scared!!!!

    Answer by mommykayti at 11:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • Not your business, not your children. I'd stay OUT of their house and take care of your own house.

    Answer by soflashelley at 11:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • I would def talk to her first and see if she will leave! Like serious heart 2 heart! Tell her that something could happen and she could really loose her kids!!! If that doesnt do any good then call social services! They will decide whether its serious enough to investigate!

    Answer by haydensmommie07 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

  • Definately call CPS. They do not tell the name of the person who makes the call. Maybe that will be what it takes for the mom to get her head on straight and leave the situation. But, if they are both partying till they are plastered, she may not care as much as she says she does.

    Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.