mainly for younger first timers but - did you know this would happen? and if not now you do ;p

after haveing your lovely baby - vag or csec - you will discharge blood for up to six weeks? not a true question i know but i really wish someone could have mentioned that little bit so i could at least get prepared and buy some pads along with my diapers!

leapyear

Asked by leapyear at 11:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol yeah ive heard..and i plan on getting diapers for myself..i would love to use tampons because i HATE pads..but no way in hell im gonna be able to put something in there after JUST pushing something out! lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• lol- yes but let me tell u- its not always true- my last pregnancy after my c section i only bled for like 2 or 3 weeks-and the heavy bleeding stopped after the first week and after that it was mostly like a pink discharge that i was able to control with pantyliners- so dont stress too much- how long has it been since uve had ur baby?
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I bled for only 4 weeks :) I had to get Alex to buy pads though. I stole a bunch from the hospital but he had to buy me more haha! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• my friend had told me that you bleed for like six weeks and i was like yeah right not that long but i think i did bleed that long or almost that long
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• mine was only 5 weeks but felt so much longer! we had our little bundle of joy (poop really ;p) on feb 19th
    leapyear

Answer by leapyear at 12:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes. It's true. And they say no sex for six weeks. I only made it four. :P
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 1:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Well Im 17 & hes coming out ne time now. I knew from the beginning that was gonna happen, I kinda figured that would happen since u got 9 months of blood held up there. Plus ur either getting cut or ripped. The part that I'm unpset about is the no sex. Its hurt 2 much 2 do it 4 the past couple months so it seems ike its even longer plus ur fat so it feels strange being that close 2 some1 else. Idk... good luck!! Everything wil be ok.
    Browneyeshch

Answer by Browneyeshch at 2:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• don't buy them too soon....if you have an emergency c section then you only bleed a week or so... or at least that was all i bled
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• And sometimes - the hospital will provide you will a couple of packs of those "Super Duper Extra Long Extra Thick Extra Absorbent Maxi Pads"... feels like you've got a twin sized mattress in your underwear. I just had to buy bigger granny panties to accomodate the mattress.After a couple of weeks it went to being more like a period, so I could use regular pads.
    Anonymous