Question for non-military wives

What do you REALLY think about military wives? Even if you don't personally know one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom was a military wife. She is one of the most awesome women I know. Taking care of two small children, the house, the bills, and all the other millions of things that come up in day to day life while my dad served two tours in Vietnam and was gone on many, many trips over many years was not easy. Military wives have to be very self-sufficient, willing and able to do things on their own while pushing fear for their spouse to the very back of their minds. Tough job!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have the utmost respect for them. They sacrifice so much so their husbands can defend our country.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• That they shouldn't cheat on their husbands! To many of them can't keep their legs together while they hubby is overseas!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Very Strong Women!!! I think they are some of the most dedicated women i have ever met and i will always respect them!!! Support our military wives!!
    brees3

Answer by brees3 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Anon, I guess you don't really know any military wives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• They are awesome and stronger than me.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'm no longer a military wife, but I have been, so I have nothing but respect for them. They have to be away from their husbands for months at a time (sometimes upwards of a YEAR), while holding down the homefort (whether they have kids or not). It's emotionally painful, and it takes a certain strength to get through it with sanity still intact.

A lot of people talk about cheating, cattiness, and drama amongst military wives, but it's not specific to any "type" of wife (i.e. military vs. civilian). I've seen cheaters, and catty bitches on both ends of the spectrum...just depends on the person.

What I don't like are the women who marry military guys just for the money and benefits.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My aunt is a military wife,They are very strong women and I respect them very much, It is a lot for them to go through.
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Some are snobby and rude and think they are better than everyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I think it would be hell to have the love of your life gone for so long and in such dangerous conditions. Not to mention raising kids like you're divorced or single like me. It is hard doing it alone, add the worry of hoping your husband isn't hurt or killed is nerve racking! I admire military wives.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009