Postpartum Depression? IDK

My LO is four months now and I'm a SAHM. I have pretty much closed myslef in the house and I have drastic mood swings from day to day. I don't talk to anyone besides my LO and DH. I use to exercise right after I had my LO but now I don't even do that.

I use to take walks but I'm afraid to leave the house. Afraid to walk the block around the block, afraid to go to stores, I hate going to Dr appts because I always run into people I know. When I carry on a conversation with someone I started feeling pain in my chest, I sweat and look for an exit.

I think I'm going crazy. I am very protective over my LO. I haven't even left him with a baby-sitter. I am waiting to get in for threapy now. I don't know how long it'll take.

Has anyone been through this or know what's going on? My DH is getting mad cause he says I'm changing but I don't know what's wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Health

• Try asking your doctor he/she will defiantly give you some advice. Maybe youll need some counseling or pills for depression.
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• it is alright . It is just anxiety and we all experience it. I have four now and still get like that occasionally. Try asking your doc for Lexapro until you start feeling better. I only take it after pregnancy and until the babies are around one. The thing you need to remember is that it takes a female body 5 years to fully recover from a pregnancy so there are a lot of hormones and extra floating around in there messing with your emotions. talking also helps so if you want msg me and i know what its like. This too shall pass Bless you

brees3

Answer by brees3 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Your "D" husband needs to take you in or make some calls for you for help ASAP. With my experience, my husband didn't take me seriously and I FORCED myself to seek help and I'm so glad I did. My first was 20 mos old, my second was 2 months old by the time I sought help and the Dr. thought I suffered w/postpartum since after the 1st! I am in SUCH a better state after seeking help than I was. I had everything set up for postpartum time when I was expecting my 3rd so I could function from almost day 1. I'm so glad I did. If I were near you, I'd take you myself. Sometimes it's the first step of even calling to make the appt. that's the hardest. it will get easier, I promise. Be proactive! It's not just for you, but your baby and hubby, too. Good luck and God bless.
    caseyo

Answer by caseyo at 12:57 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yep I had PPD and never treated it, I felt the way you are feeling now for two years. Talk to a doctor and get some help or tell your DH to do it for you.
    dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2009