jealousy is a virtue

while my So is out at the bar a figured i'd ask...are any of you jealous...he wont let me go out becuase he says i am a Loose dunk which is fine but is it okay for him

suhweet1

Asked by suhweet1 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• No its not right.... If he doesnt want you to go out to a bar then he shouldnt either...... IMO i think he is trying to control you, so he can go out without you to bars so he can be a naughty boy!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'll admit it. I am jealous. Only under rare circumstances (one of us is traveling to visit family or friends) do either I or DH go out without each other. We prefer to have fun together. If your SO is not letting you go out but is allowed to go out by himself, he is being far worse than jealous...he is being controlling and a tyrant. My father was like this with my mother and she went through 21 years of hell trying to make it work. I suggest you ditch him.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 12:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i have twice...idk the first time i was just upset..the second time i was giving my mom from out of state a place to stay\
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• oh man i am a jealous person but so is he. i dont care it just means he cares about me as much as i care about him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I can be jealous, but in your situation, that shit wouldn't happen for one second!!!!! If I don't go, he wouldn't go either!!!! Instead of telling you that you can't go at all, maybe you all should go together, that way neither of you have to worry about what the other is doing. If drinking and going to bars causes you alot of problems....then maybe you both should just stay at home. Alot of people have issues with going to bars.
    foofoomommy

Answer by foofoomommy at 12:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Why can't you go with him?
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 1:18 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• anon sqaid something interesting"jealousy means he cares about me as much as I care about him" something like that...? IMO being jealous is a sign of a deeper trust issuenot how much someone loves you-kinda sick thinking there... If you love someone, and trust them what is there to be jealous of? if you know he is yours, who cares if he has a nite out,? I figure we both need other friends and outlets in life, it cannot be just he and I in a bubble, that never works out, someone always feels trapped.That being said tho...I myself am jealous sometimes, its human nature...tho not really healthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• because he says i am too friendly when i am drinking....and he doesnt trust other guys...its not an excuser..idk he is just an aas...it is 1 am now and he has to be at work in two hours
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You guys aren't married. Why does he get to call the shots on whether you go out or not - especially when he does.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:18 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• He shouldn't be saying those types of things about you. You should be able to go out with him and if you can't go out alone then he shouldn't be allowed either. I would think you two going together would help him keep you from getting into too much trouble if it's true. I would be wondering what he's up to to be so concerned about me and what I'm doing.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2009