• In the Spotlight:

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! MY DAUGHTER IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!

I'm a single mom of 3 girls my oldest who is 3 is extremely violent towards me and her younger sis. She hits, kicks, slaps, and punches me . she also pushes her younger sis. down and jumps on her back or stomach til she can't breath. I've also caught her dangling the baby by the throat till she was bright red then dropped her and slapped her in the face. She thinks her behavior is funny. I've tried talking to her & explaining to her that she hurts her sister and me with her behavior. She doesn't listen and countinues with the behavior. I've also tried time-outs and taking favorite objects away but she still coutinues.WHAT DO I DO? !!!!!!!I'm honestly afraid for my daughter and her behavior is disturbing!!!!!!!!

depressedmomma3

Asked by depressedmomma3 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would take her to a couselor. This really is a situation for a professional, not our opinions
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• GIRL YOU NEED TO TAKE HER TO A COUNCILOR SHE SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS ANGRY ABOUT A LOSS OF A PARENT OR SOMETHING. BIGGGGGGGG

GET HER HELP BEFORE SHE STARTS REALLY HURTING YOU..
    OR HER SISTERS
    JESUSCARES4YOU2

Answer by JESUSCARES4YOU2 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Get her some professional help. While we can expect some hitting from 3-year-olds, her behavior is extreme and suggests underlying issues. A counselor or/and child psychiatrist would be able to assest her behavior and get to the roots of it.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:28 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• my opinion, spank her butt. i don't mean beat her but give her a good solid swat on her butt with the palm of your hand to let her know you mean buisness.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:20 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Professional help and keep the baby away from her!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• sounds like you need professional help. someone said spank her butt... only problem with that being, you hitting her only reinforces that that behavior is okay. I'd say try to avoid that.
    tzola55

Answer by tzola55 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• If that was my child I would have spanked her every single time she did that. But since she is your daughter and it sounds like you don't really condone that type of discipline, I would talk to her pedi, and get a good recomendation for a counsler that specializes in SMALL children. It should help A LOT. Maybe enroll her into a day care, where she can play with kids her own age or something like that. Maybe some kind of sport for three year olds. I live around the Cleveland, OH area and we have lots of sports and stuff for kids starting at three. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I would take her to a counselor. This is extreme behavior and even if you can get it to stop by spanking her, I think you need to get to the bottom of what it causing these extreme emotions in her.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 1:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Professional Help & Swat her behind, it will help
    Anonymous

• At 3 children do not understand that behavior seriously has consequences. they do not understand that that could hurt or kill one of her sisters. I think a theripist is a very good thing not only for her but for you also. In no disrespect!!! It will help you learn how to handle her and much more. I believe you are a good parent and i believe you need to utilize the help that is out there. My youngest also thinks things are funny when they are absolutly not. personally, when he laughs at me i feel it is disrespectful so he gets a swat on the butt. If it continues He gets another swat. i feel it is my responsibility to let him know this is NOT okay. I do not think beating your child is okay, but correction is. and in cases where time outs have not worked, taking things away has not worked it is either spanking, or outside help. It is your responsibility as a mother to end this behavior!!! not only for the oldest, ..... cont.
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2009