What made you choose to be a vegitarian?

Just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I am not a "complete" vegetarian but I just feel better. I usually have meat once or twice a week. But that is normally elk or another wild meat. I can go a year or more without a hamburger:-) I would check out greensmoothiegirl.com for more info on a vegetable based diet.
    I also eat Greek yogurt but not milk.
    I normally have a green smoothie every day. I use Quino, brown rice, amaranth, and such grains--
    I also do fruit smoothies and flax......
    I eat that way because I feel so much better:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• One small reason I "could" use---we used to run yearling cattle--and we doctored a lot due to illness and such---that is when I realized this is the type of meat that goes to our stores:-o Wow! What an eye opener.
    We have bought animals at the county fair sale and those are taken better care of and taste better:-)
    However, a rancher friend of mine will go to Sam's Club for her meat because as she told me--it is cheaper for her to buy it than for them to have one of their own butchered:-) Soooooo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Im not one..I would die without meat!
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 12:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010