My husband just got a job, we are on foodstamps. I noticed ours are going up in april.. Im NOT gonna report his job until it time to reapply. Do you think its a bad idea?

Ive never been on food stamps until this year so, Dont bash Like we have made a career out of food stamps. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If you don't report his income, then you are technically stealing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• No. You're talking a matter of a few weeks, at most. You may still qualify, even with this new job. Just stay honest at the next appt.
    caseyo

Answer by caseyo at 1:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You have to report it if they make a certain amount. I know Im alloed to make 1900 in my case before I have to report income. I was getting 435.00 now its 498.00! It also is going up due to cost of food rising!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes. Why take a chance with a felony offense? You are supposed to report a change in income immediately. For this, you will be granted 6 more months of transitional food stamps. I waited too long and got cut off immediately. Damn, if I had done the right thing for the right reason, I could've gotten 6 more months!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• they find out either way they did when my husband got a raise. when he got laid off. when he got on unemployment. it went from 83 to 323 to 40.
    Anonymous

• If you need the help then being on foodstamps is not bad, it's there for assistance for people in need of help. So yes if your husband has a job and your usings foodstamps and you really can make it without using foodstamps to me it's wrong because your using the system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• how in the world do you get 500 in foodstamps. our income is 1100 a month and we only get 40.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• It's called fraud. Give me your name and address and I'll turn it in for you since your not

rolls eyes in disgust
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• you write don't bash me, but yet you're admitting to fraud.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I make 12oo a month i get 435.00 in food stamps. I have 2 kids. They also take into consideration the biils you pay. The system has changed in past 6 months the didt use to take into consideration your bills. Maybe reapply if you think yours isnt done right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2009