What do you do when you spring clean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I did a little bit today. My son has made a huge stained mess on the carpet under his highchair so I shampooed it with my mom's lil green machine then I wiped down the cupboard doors clean cause they had little toddler hand prints of mush and food all over them lol. Getting the cobwebs is also a needed thing and also organizing the horrible clutter in all the rooms and storage outside needs to be done.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I've never really spring cleaned. maybe it's because I live in apartments and every so often I go through clutter cleaning phases. I consider spring cleaning to be clearing out the clutter.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 1:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i have a list...i do a room per day staring with the bedrooms, ending with the kitchen. it makes it less overwhelming but still effective
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• http://organizedhome.com/spring-cleaning-chore-checklist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I pick one room and start from there. I take everything out and clean/dust. Then slowly start to bring things back in that I need/want. Anything else is unnecessary clutter that I donate if it's in good shape, or throw out. When I'm done with that room... I pick another. The same goes for drawers and closets.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• WOOO HOOOO! I just finished my spring cleaning last Friday. I do a spring and fall cleaning. I have a checklist I go by but some of the things I do for spring cleaning are: have the fireplace cleaned by a professional and close it up for the summer, clean the ac/heating unit (just vac inside all the vents as far as you can and the inside unit area), move out the stove, fridge, washer, dryer and scrub floors where they sit, take all glass off of light fixtures and clean them ( a very quick and easy way is to run them through the dishwasher) , shampoo carpets and upholstry, change shower curtain liners,wash all cabinets,take down blinds and soak them in the tub with bleach water,wash windows inside and out (4x's a yr), pack most winter and pull out summer clothes, start a preventative lawn treatment for fire ants, clean garage and shed, change the winter blankets on beds to summer bedding, and repot housplants that need it.
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 12:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009