Anyone go to playgroup with their kids & keep to themselves or do you get to know the moms? I got friendly with a mom &

shes's nice, but she wants to get together every week! Now I pretty much don't get close to other moms

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When I went to a playgroup I honestly expected to get close to one person or two. But all of them stayed distant and that was a major turn off and I wont ever go back to a playgroup. It's about making friends...not to just hangout with other people for no reason
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i go to mom and me classes and i know weveryone in the class and they r all really nice but i keep to myself and my baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'd love to get to know the other moms and get together once a week! Things go well until my autistic son has a meltdown and his disorder comes up in conversation. Suddenly, I have the plague or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I always tried to get close to the other Moms. Our playgroup rotated to each persons house in my Moms club I was in. So obviously I talked to everyone when they came to my house for the play date. I think playgroups are meant for not just the kids to make friends but for the parents to make adult friends and have a grown up conversation.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2009