• In the Spotlight:

Help...What do I do about my over opinonated mother-in-law?

The other day my mother in law told my bubby to bring his work shirt to her house and she would wash it.She told him that it drives her nuts that I don't always use bleach in my whites.I have tried to explain to her that I found that if you bleach your whites alot they develop holes,so I bleach my whites once every 2-3 weeks.She has also this awful habit of trying to tell me or my bubby how wrong I am for allowing my children to do certain things or anything else for that matter.Unfortunatly we live right behind her.I love my home and refuse to move but she is driving me crazy.It has gotten to the point that I no longer go to her house nor will I answer her calls if I can help it.My bubby gets mad when I say something to him about it.He tells me not to start a war cause then he feels in the middle.I do love my bubby very much,but he will not stand up to his family about this.She has started getting info.about me from my bubby.

hellsfallenange

Asked by hellsfallenange at 1:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Start giving her advice. Be real sweet about it...like you are trying so hard to be helpful. Give her tips on cooking, keeping the dust down, shopping, driving, how to wear clothes and hair, etc. Don't let on that it is deliberate - you can giggle in private. She WILL get very agitated and hopefully, when she complains about you (she will complain to somebody -even if it is just to mutter under her breath), she will realize this is what she does and stop. It may not work right away, but it will eventually.

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• yeah i know how u feel, i have a mother in law from hell.....lol.... show her it dont bother u what she says, u know u r a good mother and wife and thats all that matters, i know its hard, it has taken me 5 years to get where it dont bother me at all anymore....... but some people like that just do it to see how u will react to it ....if u wanna ever talk just message me... good luck with ur mother in law....
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 1:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Be grateful you have a mother in law. She is honestly a well full of info and you may need some one day when she isn't around. I lost my mother in law b4 my first child was born. I miss her terribly. Just like people say about treasuring the early years of kids' lives, treasure your mil. You may never know when she'll be gone and how much you'll regret it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2009