what do you think about toddlers and beauty pageants?

i'm trying to decide if it is something i would like to pursue.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it is fine at a community level, without all of the makeup and hair extensions, fake eyelashes and all that. Fix their hair, put them in some pretty clothes and that's good. My DD was in a pageant at the county fair when she was a baby. I just couldn't see going all out, save it for when they are older.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 9:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i think its exploitation. how is doing that giving your daughter a real childhood i think doing that will make them think the have to look perfect and be perfect all the time to be accepted, i dont know its just something i would never do, not to mention the perverts who probably love the mothers that do that so they can look at the lil kids. have you ever seen little miss sunshine???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I think it can be something thats fun for you and her.....with that said most mothers do it for themselves......and the children hate it.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 2:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Is this "Just for Fun" or "Just to Instigate a Heated conversation"? IDK why but anyone who knows me knows I like to have fun in JFF and for some reason these questions are making me angry and NO, I am not PMSing. lol. I just wish we could have fun and not start the Beauty Pageant, Jean Benet Ramsey nightmare again.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• In my personal opinion I think it is exploitation. Why would any mother put enough make up on a young girl just to win a beauty pagent? Most mothers that do this are trying to live thru their daughters by doing this.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Remember what happen 2 jean benet ramsey? Oh yeah she died, maybe its just me but that doesn't seem like fun
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 2:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• The one your thinking of is Jon Benét Ramsey and she was used by her Mother to relive what she could never achieve in being Miss West Va!! They should be banned and outlawed toddler and baby pageants!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Good Lord, I'm not talking about going on the national beauty circuit, just a couple of local, little miss such and such county types of things. I'm only wanting to know if some of the moms on here have ever done it and if it was fun for them and their daughters. Just something for the fun of it. Or have any moms on here done it and think that is not something I will ever do again. Can't someone ask a simple question without starting a war?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2009