CIO?

Okay here's my DS's story. When he was born he stayed in the bassent in our room till he out grew it which was about six months then he always wanting to sleep in his bouncer. He slept in that till we had an episode of something scary. I dont know if anyone will believe me on this but one night when we were all sleeping DS in his bouncer and DH and I in bed. I woke up to DS screaming like never heard before and I went to go grab him and I seen something over him, i tried grabbing the baby and it felt like I pushed me away and I screamed. After I screamed we turned lights on and left the house. Since then my son had night terrors and couldn't sleep alone without them. I felt horrible letting him CIO so he co sleeps and has since. he has horrible sleeping patterns...goes to bed at 4-5am sleeps till 2-3pm naps at 7pm and at 10-11pm unless i wake him. No matter if I get him up early he still has this pattern. continued..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Should I put the crib up and make him CIO he sleeps in the same room as us we only have a one bedroom. What should I do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• His sleeping pattern sounds fine to me, besides the odd hours. I personally wouldn't let him CIO. Are you happy w the hours that he is sleeping or would you rather him sleep from 8p to 7a and take daytime naps instead of nighttime naps?
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:57 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Wow. That is REALLY scary. I got goosebumps. In my opinion I wouldn't just let him cry it out. I would put the crib up though, and try having him sleep in it. You never know, just that might change his sleeping habits AND his co sleeping problem. try different things. how old is he now? i could probably give you better advice if i knew more. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2009