Why do some people think it is child abuse to smoke in front of your children?

I heard this today and was shocked!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• because of the second hand smoke and 98% of ear infections are caused by smoking near ur child...... thats what i heard from someone who said the same thing, i smoke but outside..... i never smoke inside just because i dont want everything smelling smoky in my house....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• because the smoke is so harmful to their health. i think it should be considered child abuse. my dad used to smoke in front of me as a kid, my parents were divorced. i would always come home from my dads house sick with a cold or something from the smoke inhalation. i am so allergic to it now that just the smell makes me gag and i usually end up throwing up
    Anonymous

• Right in front of them is second hand smoke and it can eventually cause health problems and death later on in life. I do believe it is wrong to show your children that it is okay to do something bad to yourself. By mommy doing it in front of the child it says "hey thats ok mommy's doing it" I know my son copies everything I do would you want you child copying your smoking or bad language or so on.....just my thought.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Second hand smoke is not filtered. It is harmful to childrens and others lungs.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Plain and simple it's a health hazard. Smoking is a choice, but your kids don;t get to choose whether or not to inhale you smoke.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Probably because of the harmful second hand smoke that the children have no choice but to inhale. I'm sure if they had a choice they wouldn't want smoke in their lungs. It's not good for us so it is like double not good for them.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 2:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Second handsmoke, it can lead to SIDS, asthma, bronchitis cancer enphesema and other crap that could be avoided by not doing it
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 2:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Are you ladies talking about smoking in the house and near your children? I already defended myself on this subject. I smoke very far from my son, I smoke when he is asleep and yes-outside ! I have many friends that don't even know I smoke because I am the most polite smoker I know. I am so polite that although I am on the internet, I still excuse myself before I go smoke. BRB!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My mom smoked around me my entire life, And well I came out perfectly fine. She even did it in the house. I love my mom to death. And she smokes outside if any child is around or at someone else's house even if they smoke in
    pixielsmurf

Answer by pixielsmurf at 4:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• pixie- we will see how ypu are in 30+ yrs... and its not only second hand smoke now its third hand too.. the smell thats left on their clothes after they are done
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2009