Has anyone else experienced this type of problem?

My daughter had to get her 6 month shots about 2 weeks ago... well she currently has a bulge or kind of knot under her skin that you can feel with out searching very hard where the injection accord. I was wondering if this has happened to any one else. should I stress about it?

mom-at-age-18

Asked by mom-at-age-18 at 2:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it's from the muscle. They inject the shot into the muscle. Just massage it and put a warm washcloth on it. It will go away. It's kinda like when you get a knot in a spot you injured on your body
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Its completely normal.. she probably just tensed up when she got her shot in the muscle... when i left the hospital i got a dtap shot.. .and they did it in my shoulder .. that thing got swollen and red and angry for weeks and they said it was because i tensed up... if it hurts her then a little tylenol shouldn't hurt.. and a warm cloth will help loosen it up
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:12 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes, normal as others said. My doc said that it will vanish as baby growns and the muscle stretches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I don't consider it normal, but it is common. My son got this after his 2nd and 3rd DTaP shot. Had I known he'd react twice, I'd have not gotten the 3rd shot.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I was confused when everyone said normal, because this did not at all happen to my son. That got me worried. People should be saying it's common, or its nothing to worry about. Gosh ladies, just give me a heart attack, or put me into preterm labor. gosh. ugh..... haha jk =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2009