What would you really like to say when people stick their noses in?

I was at the grocery store tonight and my 2 year old and her 18month old niece were in the basket of the cart standing up. We passed an older couple and the man thought the girls were adorable and pointed them out to his wife who said "aw, they are going to fall out and get hurt." Ticked me off. I was behind the lady and she didn't know it.

I wanted to go up to her and say:

It is funny you know? You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. If I had let her continue to throw things out of the other cart, you would have commented on what a heathen my child is. If I had restrained her and she was having a fit, you would have commented on how I can't control my daughter. If I was carrying her, you would have commented on how I am babying her. So, for the peace of all, including me and you, I allowed her to ride in the basket with her niece which was making her quite content." (continued)

casperskitty

Asked by casperskitty at 3:28 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my smart mouth would have said "ya know we were gonna leave them home in the dog kennel but they both wouldn't fit!" and I would have just walked away with her mouth hangin open. I loath ppl who make comments like that. Or you wanna say"THank God you're here, I had no idea they could fall out!" and again walked away.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Some people just need to mind their own business!

I did see the woman near the front of the store and she had donuts in the cart. I simply pointed out that they were bad for the grandchildren she had with her.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• they can get hurt if they stand up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• That is just what I am talking about! She is my daughter. Mind your own business. Your answer has nothing to do with my question.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yeah, I see casperskitty on CNN saying she didn't know the cart could flip and split a childs head open. My nephew died this way. Crying and saying she is gonna sue the cart company because she didn't see the big warning sign on the red flap on the seat. Please help these ignorant moms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Thanks.

I mean I know that they can fall out but we watch them very carefully and go slow. And they aren't tall. The side of the cart comes up to my daughter's chest. She is really short for her age. It isn't like they ride like that all the time. Why am I explaining myself?

I should have told her to go call child wellfare for some children who really need the intervention. Or just to take a hike and mind her own damn business.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Excuse me? Ignorant? I have been told by many people that I am the best mother they know, including my own mother. My mom says I am one of the most overprotective mothers she has ever known. You don't know me and you don't know what our typical routine is. If you aren't going to answer the question that I asked, then go away.

I once knew a guy who had lost an eye when a stick hit it. A small stick. OMG!!! Lets never allow our children to go outside again! It is absolutely too dangerous. Oh, wait, most accidents happen at home. Let's never go inside our home again. We will live in the car...wait, nope a car is the most dangerous vehicle to ride in, we are totally screwed!!!

Oh, I know. I will take padding and wrap her up entirely in it from head to toe. That should do it. I just have to make sure it is flame retardent.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• kitty, when they call CPS on you, I guess they can call tehm on me too. I am a BAD, BAD ganma...OMG I let my 15 month old granddaughter stand in the cart at the grocery store. she is very small for her age & the cart side come to her shoulders. I even let her help me pick groceries & I'm teaching her how to shop.
    Matbe we should be like the family I saw last Sunday with their 8-9 yr old son in the infant seat on the carts & not strapped in. Heaven knows THEY won't get hurt!!! See I told you I am a smart a**
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I can one up you.

I let my daughter sit on the kitchen table to eat her breakfast and she climbs all over the thing all day. She climbs on the back of the couch and...gulp...I let her lay there! Oh, and we let her jump on our bed.

I am going to bad mommy hell!
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'VE GOT IT!! We can take the plastic bubble wrap & wrap them in it.
    I guess my mom was a bad mom too. She let us play outside even after the street lights came on, never put me in car seat, I drank tap water, and can you believe it? We used to catch lightening bugs in mayonaise jars, we ran into the street to catch the ice cream man. ..I was raised in the '60s & have lived to be 52 years old!!! Half these moms would have died if they saw what we used to do as kids!!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2009