Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

legal mumbo-jumbo

Anyone know where I can look to get ALL the answers I need for the legal mumbo-jumbo for a photography business such as the taxes, paying out, contracts, bank accounts etc? I looked through a ton of websites for California/Sacramento but beings as I dont really understand it I dont know what I am looking for. IS there a one person I should talk to?

Answer Question

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 3 (23 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • did you try

    I know when my husband started his electrical business, he had to register with the county clerk for a DBA. You can contact an insurance agent for bonding. Its not real expensive. You can get business software for your computer, and make your own contracts.

    I would suggest looking at other photographers contracts to see what is right for you.
    Find an accountant for tax info.
    My husband opened a bank account in the business' name. All he had to do was show his DBA certificate. ( Doing Business As)

    Good Luck!

    Answer by my4lads at 12:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • Small Business Association. An attorney that helps with small businesses

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.