Bath time fun?

My son won't play with any of the toys in the bath tub. He'd rather play with the faucet. Any tricks to get him to have more fun and stop trying to turn on the faucet even though he can't? It makes for a very stressful bath time. (14mths)

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got a couple of these little bath paints from Avon that work really well.. my son had the same problem. He was more interested in using a cup to catch the water that's coming out of the faucet. The paints are soap, which is sooo nice. He's 2 and puts the paint all over his body and then I use that to wash him (after he's done with his artwork of course lol). You can see them at www.youravon.com/brebholz They're only $.99 and have free shipping with FSANY.
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 5:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• GREAT I've been telling my hubby we should get him those but he thinks he is too young but I will try it since you did! Thank you
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:24 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• you're welcome!
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 5:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• they also have the foam that colored and the colors that you use on the bath tub there fun with the crayons there in by the bubbles and they can use them on themselfs and on the tub it comes of with soap and h2o my kids love them i also use them if im taking a shower and are thinking about things i need to get from the store i will write it in the shower then i dont forget
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• ahaha thats a great idea anon lol. I always think like crazy in the shower but always seem to forget as soon as i get out lol! thanks
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• bath paints etc. have you tried playing with some of the toys and showing him how "fun" it can be? I used to sing a bathtime song to my daughter when she was that age... explain what body part I was washing, and how we were getting all clean! she always responded nicely to singing (still does and she's almost 3) that could be a little distraction from the faucet. good luck!
    tzola55

Answer by tzola55 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 28, 2009