Bump on babies head

I just noticed on the top left side of my 1 month olds head there is a bump that feels like a part of his skull, it is hard and doesn't move, but I'm not sure if it was like that when he was born or not. Does anyone think I should be worried?

ChristinaJ10108

Asked by ChristinaJ10108 at 4:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ok dont push on it hun that's his soft spot...next to it atleast should be and that is just his skull. A child's skull is still growing and not fully developed and closed like ours. Pushing on it hardly or trying to move it can hurt the baby. Don't worry about it baby is just fine! :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• the soft spot is not on the side of your childs head. if he doesn't have it on the other side too, talk to the doc about it. all 3 of my boys have lumps on the sides of their heads. if I shave their heads it almost looks like they are growing horns haha....it's just the shape of their heads. good luck, just talk to a doc about it :)
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 10:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• oh just to add, the soft spot is in the center of the top of the head more towards the forehead and should be kind of triagle shaped. when a new baby is eating for somereason it often makes the softspot kinda pulsate. you should be able to tell that easily from teh rest of the skull
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 10:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009