• In the Spotlight:

Celebrities are being affected too?

I found this rather amusing, a telling of which celebs are also being "affected" by the economy:

ven socialite Paris Hilton is feeling the strain of these tough economic times. According to the New York Post, Hilton was once paid $50,000 to make an appearance at just one of New York's star-studded fashion week shows. This year, however, the star made an appearance in exchange for free airfare, hotel accommodations and $5,000 in free clothes per designer.

America Ferrera has downsized to just one house to save money. According to the Hollywood Insider, the "Ugly Betty" actress listed her home in Hollywood Hills, Calif., for $1,685,000.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/popup?id=6946584&contentIndex=1&start=false&page=1

Wow its really lucky Ferrara had that extra home huh?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 5:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the stars who got Obama elected should have to go live at a tent city and eat what these people eat and sleep on cots. They should have to work outside on vegetable gardens and cook it themselves. Oprah should be right in there with them working her butt off.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Geez... I have to cut extra coupons and they have to sell ONE of their homes. Things just aren't fair, are they? :)
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 5:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Celebs are just normal people outside of the spotlight. They work for their money and I am sure they will be feeling the effects of the economy
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'm pretty sure she meant that the comparison of what is effecting us and what is effecting them is very different.
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 5:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Again they are simply people. Millions of people have been affected in one way or another. I don't see their lifestyles being affected any differently then my own has.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I hope they all go broke and have to eat poop.............
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• LOL I dont know about the poop eating though..
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I thought celebrities would be feeling the "pinch" by way of consumers not spending their money on frivolous things like going to the movies (opting to wait a couple of months to rent it); buying celebrity "signature" items; going to celebrity style theme parks (ie: Universal Studio); staying in hotels, and contributing tourism dollars to the cities and towns that depend on them; celebrity owned restaurants (because of their fondness of the celebrity); going to concerts, and all of the merchandising that goes along with it (ie: Hannah Montana).

When times get tough, the tough cut back and wait it out. I know we're going to hold off on our plans to go to Disney World this year...maybe next year we'll consider it, and my husband earns a nice salary. Sure we have the money NOW, but we want to see what impact Obama's plans are going to have on us LATER!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:15 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I read in one article about how Lindsey Lohan was able to relate with people who are unemployed since she is unemployed as well. The next day though there was another article about how her $100,000 that she just bought was wrecked by her assistant. I couldn't help but laugh.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Oh yeah! Being "between (million dollar) jobs" must be tough! LOL!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009