Pekignese Question

I have a 6 month old Pekignese who is the cutest little thing ever.

The problem is he will not house train! I've been doing the whole thing... crate training, taking him out, putting him back in the crate. I take him to the park everyday for exercise with my 2 y/o but nothing is working!

He'll pee outside, and then come straight to my carpet and pee again. My BIL had a Pekignese and the same thing happened. My other SIL had one and the same thing.

Is it just a Pekignese thing? Are they stubborn or just plain stupid lol?

I love him to pieces, but enough is enough!

mommabeth15

Asked by mommabeth15 at 5:20 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pets

• I HAVE HAD 3 PEKE'S I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE THEM!!! BUT I MUST SAY THAT I HAD THAT SAME PROBLEM WITH EVERYONE OF THEM. THESE DOGS HAVE A MIND OF THEIR OWN! THE CRATE WILL WORK... ONLY IF YOU ARE CONSISTENT ABOUT IT. I JUST COULD NEVER LEAVE THEM IN THERE BECAUSE MINE WOULD WHINE AND LOOK PITIFUL! SO THEIR HOUSE BRAKING FAILURE WAS MY FAULT! POST A PICTURE OF YOUR FURBABY, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT SMUSHY FACE!! I'M JEALOUS! WE DON,T CURRENTLY HAVE A DOG.

sweetheartpink

Answer by sweetheartpink at 3:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Potty training a dog is strictly a human issue. The dog is neither stubborn or stupid. It's about being consistent in your training.
    Take him out every hour to the same spot and tell him "potty" when he does praise him. Take him out fifteen minutes after he eats also. Same thing, same spot etc.
    Are you allowing him to eat whenever he wants? If so, limit his feedings to three times a day. Feed a little in the morning give him 15 minutes to eat then pick the food up. 15 minutes later take him out.
    Have the carpet shampooed too. Use the enzyme cleaner to eliminate the odors. This is time consuming for a few weeks but he will get it as long as you are consistent.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I even went out and bought a steam cleaner and I shampoo my carpets at least once a week (even though for the past few weeks, Happy is NOT allowed out of the kitchen or backyard areas). He only eats a half a cup in the morning half a cup in the evening as was suggested by the breeders I bought him from. I DO take him to the same spot... I'm a SAHM and it makes it easy for me to take him out EVERY hour to the exact same spot. IDK, from my family's experience, they're just stubborn little suckers. Don't get me wrong, I love him to pieces... he's a part of my family... and we would LOVE to be able to have him in the rest of the house along with us, but until we get this figured out, it just won't happen.
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• oh and I'm not sure how to add a pic in here.

mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Is he fixed?? If not, boy doggies will pee everywhere.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2009