How should I get out of bed post csection?

I had a csection almost two weeks ago and I get a very painful sensation on the left side of my incision area if I get up wrong. I figured it out for chairs, but I need some tips on how to get out of bed! Any suggestions?

sambag

Asked by sambag at 5:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First you should not have very painful sensation after almost 2 weeks. You should already be feeling better and getting around pretty good without any pain like you are describing.(I would have that checked) To answer your question tho, you should first try to lay on your side and push yourself up until you can sit up on the side of the bed. Then get up slower than usual and see if that works. BTW, do you still have stitches or staples, because if you do either one of those can cause the pain because of the pulling of the skin.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Most of my friends had c-sections and they would hold pillows against their stomachs while getting out of bed.
    Sizzles

Answer by Sizzles at 6:57 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Slowly but surely and yes I used the pillow trick too so try that. Try to get out alittle more and do alittle walking it might help with getting your body to feel better. I had a csection and was still in pain two weeks. You wont be all better till six weeks hun and some people take all that six weeks to get there so listen to your body it isnt ready to crawl in and out of bed every second! I still get pains in my scar which is normal. As long as you are breathing and not bleeding you should be fine just keep in touch with you obgyn ok. GL hun feel better!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Pain is normal, Your skin is just stretching from your movements. I was the same way. Just take it slow. I stayed at edge of the bed.
    Mrs.Bolin

Answer by Mrs.Bolin at 5:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Thanks! I switched sides of the bed and moved my night stand closer. I'm also trying to keep as close to the edge as possible. When i get up, I use my legs to move onto my side and then push off my night stand with my free arm. Not so bad!
    sambag

Answer by sambag at 2:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009