friend's kid's rash

I babysit my friend's children quite frequently while she goes to work. The children are all under 3 so I usually bathe her two and my DD together. Well the other day after I bathed them I noticed that her son has what looks like a nasty rash on his butt, legs, and upper back. Two of the spots on his butt look like rings (but I looked up pics of ring worm and it doesn't look like ring worm). His butt and thighs are a horrible inflamed red color.

The next time I babysit I really don't want to bathe the children together. I know her 3 yo will tell her if I don't bathe the youngest with them. Her pedi says it is dry skin, but I really don't think it is just dry skin. How would I explain to her I don't want to bathe the children together until whatever the LO has is cleared up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If you don't want to bathe them together then just don't. If she asks why not, then just say that you are worried that it's more than dry skin and don't want to pass a possible infection either to the older 2 or to him from something getting into rish rash and making it worse. How can't say much when you are looking out for the health of her children.
    If she does have a problem with it then just bathe her children and bathe your dd at another time.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2009