how close together are your kids?

I've had four in six and a half years... how many kids do you have, and how close in age are they? What's the good, and the bad, about their age differences?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 8:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• i have 2 girls that are 25 months apart, the best thing is that could be best friends as they get older, bad thing is my little one needs more attention and my older one doesn't always understand
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• 2 kids. about 2 yrs apart.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i have a set if twins and an 11m old baby they are 26m apart... the twins just turned 3, its not easy and its kinda nerve racking i think lol... the twins think the baby is old enough to do things when he isn't he tries his best lol and i'm a single mom on top of that so when we go to walmart or something i have a cart full haha..... i love it tho. i love all the chaos!
    chloeconnor

Answer by chloeconnor at 9:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I had 5 in 5 years but only have 4 living children. My older 2 sons are 16 1/2 mos. apart, my daughter was stillborn when my 2nd son was 15 1/2 mos. old (she was born 4 mos. early), almost 16 mos. after her birth my 3rd son was born and almost 16 mos. after he was born my 4th son was born. My children were born in 8/86, 1/88, 4/89 (due 8/89), 8/90 and 12/91. There were moments when things got overwhelming, times when one on one time was a little scarce and financially struggles but now my sons are 22, 21, 18 and 17 and the bond the 4 of them have together & all the memories that they share from when they were younger and hanging out & exploring the world on walks & while playing is what makes it all worth it.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I only have one... but My brother has two children that are 18 months apart. When I was visiting them it seemed very hard to have two children so young. The oldest turns two on the 2nd. He just has a hard time understanding what a baby is and why he doens't get all the attention anymore... Also, I think it might have been that both children STILL slept in the bed though too...
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 10:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I had 4 in just under 6 years and this baby makes 5 in 9 years. But at one time I had 3 under 3. My third child was born when my oldest was 28 months and my 2nd was 13 months, all by c-section, too.
    My kids are all pretty close. My oldest two are just 15 months apart and were best friends from the moment the 2nd was born. They fight a lot more now but they are still close.
    They are 8 1/2, 7 1/2, 6 and just about to turn 3 (next week) and I'm about 7 weeks pregnant.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have 4, that were all born in 2 1/2 years. The oldest was born 2/04, twins that were born 12/04, and the youngest was born 6/06
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 11:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I only have 1, but my mom has had 4 spaced out.
    GOOD: you only have one baby to care for at a time, only spending money on one baby.
    BAD: You have to retrace all your steps when the next baby comes along. EX: Potty training
    My SIL has 4 all 12mo or less apart.
    GOOD: You have all of them past one stage at a certain point and don't have to deal with it any more. EX: buying diapers
    BAD: Less money at one time (2 babies, 2 different sizes of diapers)
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• mu daughter is 2 1/2 yrs older then my first son and the two boys are ten months apart. they were born in the same year.
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• well this is my first but me and my brother is 12 years and 7 months apart lol and we are the only two
    firsttimer09

Answer by firsttimer09 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2009