How do you meet your goals as a wife?

My marriage is in turmoil at this moment. We love each other and want to make each other happy, but it dont seem as though we will ever. Since we've been married we had many many issues that has caused so much hurt for both. At first I would try to do everything I thought was right, even though it may not have been the best decision. I changed how I look, I stop hanging with my friends a lot, I tried my hardest to keep the house clean, but cleaning was difficult because its hard trying tomake a meal every night after a very long day at work. When I got pregnant, I was very sick the 1st 4months, weak and tired. My house duties became too much and our house is a wreck. The house is still a mess, I cant find enough strength to clean it because of the stress and frustration from what we are experiencing. We want to get it together before the baby comes, but it doesnt seem like it will happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Me? I just don't worry so much about cleaning lol. If you clean the kitchen every day, you can get away with cleaning most other things about 2 times per month. Or, you could try to get a housecleaning service to do it for you.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Hello,
    My dh is one of those who wants a clean home after he comes home from work. We have a total of 5 kids so you can imagine thats not always the case. The baby is 11 months and loves to be held. If I only cleaned other things like 2 times a month it would be chaos. I will say it has somewhat affected our marriage. Do you have any friends or family members who could come help clean and get organized since you are pregnant? I have a cousin who is a single mom who cleans houses on the side for cash. Do you know of anyone who would like or needs extra money? Also there is a website called www.flylady.com they even have a section for pregnant women. It has helped me to be somewhat more organized about cleaning ect. My heart really goes out to you. If you need any support feel free to add me as a friend.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I agree with the first post. if you get the kitchen done, you give yourself the full credit. He can help out, he is a big man. A little job is not going to kill him!
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I also think that he should help out, men dont always realize or think about how we are feeling, my aunt came over and helped me clean the other day it helped out SOOOOO much she just did the stuff that I couldnt do like baseboards
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I also believe he should be helping because you are pg. My husband was so nice and understanding then.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Is your husbands name "Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater?"
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2009