i had my three day old baby die in my arms 5 years ago its still very hard on me is this normal after all this time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would imagine that the loss of a child would be hard on you for a VERY long time, even after you accept it, it will always be with you. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you can find a way to get through.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. Its hard to answer your question though without more detail. If you still cry about it and feel loss I think that is very normal but if you are depressed, cant get out of bed have lost focus on your life thats diffrent.. Have you tried grief ttherapy?
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I could only imagine never getting over that kind of grief. Sorrow has no timeline. Is this close to his/her birthday? I am so sorry for your loss!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I don't think this is something you ever get over...and you shouldn't be expected to. I can't imagine a more difficult thing to happen than to lose a child. You should be able to live a full and happy life despite this though. If you are having a hard time functioning then you should seek help. My thoughts are with you. Take care.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You never get over the loss of a child. He/she was a part of you.Its how you deal with it that is hard. Its how you deal with it now thats important. If you are depressed, still can't sleep, having a hard time in life dealing with the grief, you need to talk to someone that can help you(grief counselor, pastor, etc).Everyone is different,.I am sorry for your loss and hope everything gets better with time.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Honey, if it didn't affect you, then something would be wrong. Losing a child is something that is hard to even think about without bringing up strong emotions...after going through it, you can't be expected to have everything be "fine". Do you have other children? If so, they need their mom and you should try to find some kind of counseling. If not, take your time. When you are ready, you will know.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2009