Who needs enemies when you've got friends like this?

I am seriously debating on whether or not I should stay friends with this woman. She is very negative and tends to bring other people down.

I feel she is kind of mean to my DD. My DD speaks (16 mos) and uses sign language. My DD signed "please" for food, and my friend looked at her and said, "No. I'm not giving you a cracker until you SAY please." My DD does not know how to say that word, and I told her DD WAS saying please. She told me she refuses to acknowledge sign language in her home. I told her she needed to respect the way I choose to raise my DD, and refusing to give her a cracker because she wouldn't SAY a word she CANT say was very rude.

We disagree (and argue) more and more on how to raise our kids (her way is right, mine is wrong). Should I stay friends with her? My DD is rarely happy at her house, and I think she picks up on this woman's negative energy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would be done with her as of yesterday. She is disrespecting your parenting choices. Life is to short to hang around negative people.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I would end the friendship...it doesnt seem like much of one anyway. Having an issue with me is one thing but dont take it out on my kids, thats a real deal breaker.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I am sorry but that is someone I would not remain friends with, I think it is awesome that your DD does sign language my oldest does a little it seems to me that she is jealous of something.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'd end the friendship. She has no respect for you and your choices on how to raise your DD. It's better not to waste the time and energy getting angry with her.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'd dump the b@#ch. It's one thing to have opinions on what's right and wrong in raising a child but another thing to make someone else's child suffer for it.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• End the friendship now. Why put your daughter and yourself through the misery of that "friend"?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• End what friendship?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2009