What % of each item purchased do you get to keep with Avon?

Is there a free signup? And where are you allowed to sell? Do YOU get a free book every month? (I assume you have to purchase them for your customers)

Who wants to sign me up? If I'm in your downline, will you get some kind of credit when I purchase samples?

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 9:13 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Wow, I am not an Avon Lady but my mother has been for 30 years and I was at one point. It's not free to sign up, it's $10. You will get about 30% of the orders and then a monthly residual from your downline, once you get that far. I do not know off hand what the % is from the downline but I remember it's not great. When you first sign up there is a short period when you get 50% but I think that's only 60 days or so. And if someone orders through your website you only get 15%... If noone orders through it you have to pay $6 a month for it. I believe you do get 1 free book and then you have to pay for them. Honestly if you and your friends and family like avon I owuld say join, if nothing else you can get your stuff at a discount. But from the many posts of yours I have read I would guess that you don't want a home business with a bunch of "extra" costs and recruiting. You'll have both to be successful with Avon.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My mother is a Unit Leader and on of this area's top recruiters. I'm sure she would be happy to answer your questions if you want to ask her. Her name is Corrina and you can email her at C_TheAvonLady@yahoo.com or call her at 724-258-6524 Just tell her I sent you.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'm totally not trying to get you to say no to avon...but I wanted to inform you that with Mary Kay you make 50% of whatever you sell and you also get 4% comission on your first three team members and than after that it is 7% , than 11% you also get $50 bonuses when your 3rd and everyone after that signs up ...you can also earnt he use of a car or take cash compensation instead and you can win diamonds and trips and stuff for your home! Mary Kay send you a monthly applause magazine with all the info to keep you going abnd my director send YOU a look book every time it changes also. with mary kay you are allowed to sell to anyone anywhere as long as you don't steal customers from another mary kay consultant.Now if you were in my team I would get credit for it, I would get 4% comission and become a senior consultant but the 4% comission comes directly from the company ..not from what because Mary Kay is completely debt free!
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• That is the MAIN reason I will NOT buy Mary Kay---the mark up on their products!!! My sister is a MK consultant but sells the stuff at HER cost--but I still don't care that much for it. I like Burts Bees and some Avon:-) I do know two women who drive the cars and do very well with it. I also know one that really couldn't get anything going with it......you really have to be willing to WORK it to build your business.
    Both women have spent HOURS and Years building their businesses to that point--MANY,MANY weekends and week nights......and they are both awesome people persons:-)
    Unless your order is over $145 on Avon--you get 20%. Plus there is a $2.50 delivery charge for each order--you get a small amount back on that.
    I do Avon but only for a few people. I like the mascara, and a few of the creams--but I still like Burts Bees Carrot Day Cream the best:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• The above women sell MK:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I called my mom, and she said that you will get ONE free book for yourself and then you have to buy books in a pack of 10... I didn't think to ask her what they cost. She said if you are just looking to buy for yourself and family you can you are never required to sell. The start up fee is really just the fee for the paperwork. If you're income is less than $600 in a year you don't have to claim it on your taxes, so it would just be a discount. She also said that you would have to put in $50 in orders before your enroller gets any credit for you and any money. She did say if you wanted to join she would be happy to have you and if you need any help she ould be happy to give it... Her website is www.C-TheAvonLady.com

I hope I was of some help!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• just to clarify why mary kay is a little bit more expensive: we make our prices high to compete with other top brands and also because osme times there is more for your money for example if you go look at avon waterproof mascara: price: $7.50 for 21 oz. net wt.
    and than look at MK waterproof mascara: $10.00 for 33 fl. oz.

but we are less expensive than other top brands such as lancome, clinique, este lauder,mac

mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Ok, I just signed up for Avon about three weeks ago, so here's how it has been for me: $10 sign up fee (this covers the cost of things you need for your first campaign), 50% of orders over $100 for your first 4 campaigns (2 months, Avon products), I think it's 40% or 20% of non-Avon products (like the Curves stuff and things like watches and clothing), then it's a percentage based on how much you sell. You do have to order your books, but they're really cheap. I think they're about $0.50 a piece in packs of 10 (so about $5). Samples are pretty cheap usually (like 10 of a perfume is about $1). Then if you go into leadership, you can do the fast start if you get 5 people in 4 campaigns. You get a Welcome to Leadership packet with your first, then with your 2&3 you get $60, 4&5 $60, then if you get those five in four campaigns you get a $200 bonus. Plus, you get a percentage of what they make in a check every 2 weeks or so.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2009