Teen mothers/parenting...

this really isnt a question..more like a vent! I get ssoo sick of ppl bashing on teen moms. I am a teen mother..and not a "statistic" it seems like more teenagers are getting pregnant these days, but to me, and this may just be me, but it seems like more are taking responsibility as well..

WaylensMommy

Asked by WaylensMommy at 9:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nowadays, teen mothers have so many more resources and yes, there are plenty of teen mothers who rock as parents. But you don't hear about the ones that rock, you hear about the ones who screw it up. And that's not really fair, is it?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• There are a lot of ppl out there lack of responsibility. Having a kid just give ppl more thing to judge you, and dont take it personal.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Thats exactly right. You hear about the bad things and about the statistics..never anbout the ones who actually do a good job. Me and my husband are doing very well as parents and I was 16 when my son was born. He is 2 now and I am expecting my second little boy in June =]...But I understand why they want teenagers to be aware of what comes along with a baby. But teen parents arent the only ones that fubb up. I seen on the news the other day where a lady left her 8 month old in the car overnight..and he died..she wasnt a teenager..So i mean, age really doesn't have a factor in how good of a parent you are.
    WaylensMommy

Answer by WaylensMommy at 9:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Its not really me, myself, that is getting the bashing..Anyone who knows me or my situation know that there isn't anything to be said about me..But I was on another site and these ppl are just talking about teen mothers in general and calling them sluts/whores..and thats why ppl have the feelings about teen parents that they do. Because, like mentioned before..you never hear anyone talk about how good of a job some teen parents do..
    WaylensMommy

Answer by WaylensMommy at 9:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Ummm.... you are a statistic. Statistics aren't always bad. You are a part of the percentage of girls that have babies in their teens. I mean no disrespect, I KNOW not all teen moms are selfish brats. I applaud you for being a good mom. I am NOT judging you, but don't you get frustrated with the teen moms that give you a bad name? I would. I have to admit, there are more and more good teen moms than there used to be. Good luck, sweetie. Continue to love your babies and work on changing the statistics to show teen moms are good moms!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Nothing "bad" about it. I just feel bad b/c there is so much you miss out on by having kids so young. It forces you to grow up much faster. Doesn't mean you do a bad job. I just wish people would at least graduate from high school then take on the responsiblitiy so they can have that free style life before "reality" is forced to strike.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I think that we have to start giving some of these teen mothers the benefit of the doubt. It shouldn't matter how old you are but if your ready to be a mother and take on that responsiblit. There are mothers out there that are in their thirties and fourties and are just as inresponsible as a teenage mother could be. Basically times are changing and we need to move with the times and stop hating on these teen moms. You never know we might learn something from them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2009