is it possible...

for labor to start and stop at 38 weeks? Last night i was in alot of pain. I had this ache and pressure in my back - Lower back, above my tailbone. Well it would get worse & made my back feel like i pulled something, along with this tight pressure. Than it would go into my sides and as it would go away it would go into my hips and vagina & even sometimes into my thighs, inside thigh. It was at the top of my vagina and lower stomach and i felt piercing on the inside of my vagina. Now i was at my sisters last night when it started and it started around 11pm. I came home and was up until 3am still having the pains. No matter how i adjusted or layed it was the same. Also, she would not move and than in between the bad pains she would be a crazy women & move & it honestly felt like she was going to push through my vagina or butt. I have bee having more discharge than normal yesterday all day was well & i posted about it. Im also..

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 2cm dilated & 60% thin - which could have changed by now. But i got up this morning and its not as bad, but i still have the pressure and pain above my tailbone. I still get the pain in my sides and everything i described up top, but not as bad.
    I felt sick to my stomach last night as well.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes. You can have contractions on and off before labor actually starts. I have been having random contractions for the last almost 4 weeks now (since I was 35 weeks). Dilation really isn't a good sign, because all it means is your body is doing its thing... You could start labor not dilated at all and go from 1 to complete in just a couple hours, or it could take several day, kwim?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• This is another one of those times when I would call the doctor! See what the doctor has to say about it....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 12:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2009