Obama's Fuzzy Math? Lack of Transparency? What do you think?

State officials overseeing the federal economic stimulus program in Massachusetts say they have no idea how the White House came up with one key pledge—the promise to save or create 79,000 jobs in the state.
They say they’re not even sure how to measure saved jobs—and fear the jobs figure sets an unrealistic yardstick against which the success or failure of the program will be measured.
“The federal estimate of 79,000, we really don’t know what’s behind that, we just plain don’t,” Jeffrey Simon, Director of Infrastructure Investment in Massachusetts, told The Associated Press. “I’m not saying it’s not 79,000, but I just don’t have any way of knowing that,” he said.
Simon and his counterparts overseeing the distribution of stimulus funds in Massachusetts said concerns about the state jobs numbers were raised at a meeting earlier this month in Washington between state and federal leaders.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D976JOUO1&show_article=1&catnum=0

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I think we'd all better be praying even harder than we ever have before. God help us all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• IMO, It just goes to show that if Obama puts himself on tv, the internet, etc... enough, people will buy into his SHAMWOW without ask the hard hitting questions to get specific answers....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• from ur article "Critics say the numbers are fuzzy, particularly when it comes to saved jobs. "

Obama is full of fuzzy math and logic. He hasn't been fully transparent since day 1.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• How are the republicans like Boehner any better? They only criticize and when it's time for the plan -they don't have one. or WHEN LAW MAKERS DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM TAKING MONEY FROM COMPANIES WHO DID GET THE BAILOUT MONEY ?

I didn't vote for Obama . Both sides are in fault .

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Anonymous, Republicans tried to get amendments added to the stimulus to reduce spending... Where were you? Republicans (but 3) did NOT vote for the stimulus because no one read it before voting on it and no one could account for all the jobs, money, etc... That is what we are talking about here on this question.
    BTW, The cool thing about being a Conservative :o) I believe in principals. So, when Republicans do things (like vote for the omnibus) I go after them for NOT being fiscally conservative. Heck, Bush lost my vote in 2004 for not being fiscally Conservative. If you want to post a question abour Boehnor, then please post a question. I welcome it :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• So are you saying republicans can do no wrong?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• In regards to the stimulus, anon (and this question posted)Republicans as a majority did NOT vote for it. They criticized it for people voting for it without reading it. This question is about Obama's STIMULUS BILL.... And about OBAMA'S campaign promise that he made of TRANSPARENCY and being fiscally RESPONSIBLE... Are you saying Obama is no better than any other politician including Republicans and his promise of CHANGE, RESPONSIBILTY, TRANSPARENCY were merely political lies to get a vote? ~If you want to question Republicans specifically on an issue they solely voted on and it cost the nation dearly, I suggest you go to the "ASK A QUESTION" tab and do just that, ask a question. :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't expect anything less form Obama
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I think that saving and creating jobs is extremely necessary right now. We need the businesses to stay open and productive...and we need their employees earning money to spend. I think measuring it would be difficult for anybody...you can prove the creation of jobs, but how do you prove a job was really saved. If I were in his position, I would have only put numbers on the jobs that would be created. Like Anon 9:45, I didn't vote for him...but I sincerely hope things work the way he wants...otherwise we just bought billions in debt for nothing.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2009