Do you believe an economic collapse is going to happen?

I was wondering because I see a lot of people stocking up on rice , beans, can goods, guns , amo ect.... and I ask most of them what is it all for and they all seem to have the same answer , the downfall and collapse of our goverment , a lot of people have been saving up things for a good few years now and I was curious to how many of us on CM know someone who is doing the same or are you doing the same?? PLEASE NO BASHING I just wasnt straight answers not any BS about how dumb it is because blah blah Thanks ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You mean it hasn't already started? My DH has been out of work for 2 months... the only time he has been out of work before was when he was off for a surgery. It has been impossible for him to find work... no one is hiring. That is the start of a collapse. no work=no money=no spending=less jobs=vicious cycle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes it deffinitly has started but what I'm talking about is the violence people are preparing for , if more people cant pay their bills and more people need money don't you think things are going to take a very bad turn for the worse ? I also hear a lot about more war coming our way and how we should be pre-paring for that as well??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• The ladies in my group (most anyway) are stocking up. I really feel this has been planned out for longer that what we know. If you will remember Bush meeting with Fox and Harper to discuss the North American Union. It makes sense to me that they have to bankrupt the countries to do this and also for the one world currency that they are wanting to force upon us.
    JustAnotherMama

Answer by JustAnotherMama at 9:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I give it about another 6-12 months for the reality of mortgage refinancing to kick in. Some people were able to unload their old homes, or refinance their existing mortgages, but with unemployment and inflation on the rise, and the stock market treading water, it's only a matter of time before the majority of people feel the crunch.

Personally, since 9/11 we've sort of been stocking up on non-perishable "extras" like a gas powered generator, a large propane tank (for emergency use only), and even some canned foods that have a limitless shelf life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I don't think we will have a full fledged collapse. But I think we will find out that Obama's Stimulus is full of more harm than good for most American people and it may prolong economic recovery.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My hubby and I are actually moving to TN in the mountains where we feel more safe (it is more secluded there) we have a 200$ medical pack for emergency use we have bought 2 rifles and 2 hand guns and a good amout of ammo , we have can goods and rice as well , we believe it could get pretty bad and don't want to be unprepared for what might come, if I had the $$ I would have a bomb shelter as well =D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• We have started stock piling. water, beans , rice, canned goods.... stuff like that. I do believe it will get a lot worse before it even starts to get better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I believe that things will be more hardships in the near future than our generation has ever seen. I think if Obama's budget passes, it could be a near collapse. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• WELL WHETHER WE ARE OR NOT I HAVE CHANGED MY SPENDING HABITS. I AM ON A FIXED INCOME AND WATCHING HOW OUR GOVT DOES NOT KNOW EITHER..OMG ....GOD HELP US
    yiayiaann

Answer by yiayiaann at 11:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes there's going to be a huge downfall. Not only for America, but for other countries as well. One country is gonna default on their debt, then another, and America will fall in 3rd by defaulting. When that happens, all the banks are gonna shut down, and no one will be able to touch or withdraw their money for 6 months. I halfway believe that they're PLANNING on defaulting on the loans, because of how much Obama is pulling out and throwing around. I would rather have seen another Great Depression.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2009