cat food and water containers.

I have two cats. Marble is a boy fat cat and he makes a mess with the water dish, he drags it out all over the floor. I have tried putting the dish of water on a tray (jelly roll tray) and a rubber mat and he still finds a way to drag it out. The little freak pees on the tray or around the dish too. He does not do this with his cat food. Salem is a girl and she drinks alot and Marble spills it all over. We used to we it was just Marble let him drink out of the kitchen sink. ( my hubs idea which drove me nuts) . So my question is what can i do to keep my dumb cat from doing those things.

debmom07

Asked by debmom07 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pets

• Try a big dog dish with a rubber bottom that can't be moved.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Sometimes cats will pee on things made of rubber or plastic. It smells like pee to them. Also could have a urinary tract or kidney infection. You could try a automatic water dispenser - the kind with the bottle on top that empties into a dish. It would be too heavy to move. you could also try putting the bowl on a metal or ceramic tray.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You could get a larger, heavier ceramic bowl...just an idea.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Is he spraying or peeing? Is he fixed...if he is then maybe he's just kinda weird:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• If he is not fixed, this is common behavior for cats.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• A large heavier water dish might work and have you put the food and the water in the same tin? Cats won't pee where their food is.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009