Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i get out of a relationship and make it on my own with my toddler.I am a sahm and i don't have any income at all.I feel like i have to stay here just because i can't afford to do it on my own.I'm worried about being alone and not being able to make it.Any advice??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • Ask for help! Your family and friends want you to be happy and safe. If you want to leave you must have reasons, darn good reasons too. Ask for help.

    Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • If no one in your family will help, get a job like in a daycare. You can take your baby with you. That was what I did. My ex was abusive so I had no other options. It was work or keep getting beat up. Babysitting is another way to make money and still be with your kid. After I left I had nothing. My daughter and I lived in a 1 bedroom apartment, no furniture except a bed and coffee table, but I never stopped working. Now we have a 3 bedroom house with more furniture than I need lol. Sometimes you have to start at the bottom just to make it somewhere and for your child(ren) to be happy!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • Always tell you parents how you feel. I'm sure they would let you move back home until you can make future arrangements. Maybe look for nighttime jobs so you are still at home, during the day with your daughter; but, you will still be making income to support you two.

    Never think you should stay in an unhappy situation just because of the money!! It's healthy for you mentally and it can take it's toll physically..if depression sets in.

    You can do it!!!! Even if you have you to sell most of your clothes, jewelry, have some extra money. Sometimes we never realize how much money we have hanging in our closet and sitting in our jewelry box.

    Answer by BrittAldrmn at 11:27 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • forget about being alone didn't you say you have a toddler? well you won't be alone then, as far as money taht is an issue taht can be resolved, it may take some time but there is help out here alot, if you are being abused, if drugs/alcohol involved. the stae has all kinds of help for women. do you have family you can go stay with until you get on your feet?? if you really want to go comtact your local police department (non-emergency) and they will direct you. good luck

    Answer by mememommie at 11:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • Go home. My Mom would be the first person I went to. And we would all be welcomed with open arms.

    Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • i can tell you that i know a lot of single moms who does not work and still make it. they went to the social service at our state and apply for food stamps, welfare, and other organizations out there are willing to help us. i got medicare, food stamps and organizations thru my kids school to help with free therapy, psychiatrist, and find food pantries as well. and they even have a person to visit my kids once a week and check on their school progress, helps my daughter get a job, and help me by taking my kids to doctor's apt. so i don't have to miss work, find groups of other parents for me to be with and if i need to have a certified family to watch my kids for couple of hours or a weekend they will do that too. so you just have to know how to find it. i did it on my own raising three teenagers with no child support till this day and i did it, yes it is hard and seem impossible but it is not.

    Answer by lily7 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
anyone else

Next question overall (Pets)
cat food and water containers.