What is a good time to add movie time in an one year old's schedule?

I have never let our one year old watch a movie until yesterday. I realize I am depriving her of entertainment. I would like to add it to her schedule. When do you think is a good time? Morning after breakfast? After nap? Before bed? Any suggestions on good DVDs for a one year old?

MumFerg

Asked by MumFerg at 10:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• theres a whole line of baby genuis dvds or baby einstein dvds...there pretty good and they have for each age which is the good part.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My daughter loved movies from a very early age (and still does as a teen). You will have to experiment a bit to find when your daughter is most often in the mood for a movie. When my daughter was that age she most often watched movies in the late morning, after she had been up for a while, had breakfast, played, etc. but was not yet tired enough for a nap. When she got a little older (late toddler to preschool age) she tended to put off movie watching until the evening.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Baby Einsteins are boring. My son was over them by the time he was months old. If Evelyn happens to like them, I have about 13 or so that i'll GLADLY send you!! I can't seem to give them away around here, lol. My one year old son likes alot of the things my older boy likes, but Jacob is also into alot of comic book stuff now, so Noah can't watch all that. He really likes stuff on the Disney Channel in the morning, like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins. Check your local listings and get her started on those maybe, then see what she is into. Just wait until she's three. Today we're going to see Monsters VS Aliens, because Jacob told me"I've been waiting FOREVER to see this"!
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My son loves Barney. He watches it while he has his afternoon snack right after his nap. I think during their snack times is good.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Not that a movie HAS to be part of a daily schedule, nor are they deprived of any entertainment if they don't see one....

Just put something on for her every once in a while if you want to. To be honest, our TV is on almost all day...but it's mostly just background noise. The boys are always busy playing.

My crew has always liked Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Sesame Street, Dora, Diego, Backyardigans, Kailan, and (the older ones) anything with superheroes! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2009