Would you give your baby something from Freecycle for his 1st birthday?

We wanted to give him a sandbox and somebody gave me one. It's a little scratched up but in decent shape. But I feel a litte guilty even though I know he won't know or care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• He/She would not care a bit, but I couldn't do it. Maybe give it to him/her and get him/her something else to go with it.
    lovemykids0303

Answer by lovemykids0303 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• IMO I think big ticket items like that are perfectly ok to recycle. He is only one and isn't going to notice that it used to be somebody else's. He's only going to care that there is a heaping pile of sand to get filthy in! lol
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• yeah...I give my son used stuff all the time...he doesn't care and he's almost 4! To him, it's NEW. Also, it's a great way to get your kids to learn the value of recycling and donating as they get older.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Who cares! If he enjoys it that's all that matters.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes I would give my baby something used for a gift.. Its STILL a gift!! :) He is going to enjoy it all the same.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with that. Just make sure you clean it very well and purchase fresh sand. The only thing that makes me cringe is the fact that many people don't keep up with the sandboxes and animals end up peeing and pooing in it. But cleaning it well would fix that problem. Go for it. I would also buy some sandbox toys to go with the gift.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009