Do you believe in Hell? Christians and non Christians welcome.

I am a Christian that does not believe in a literal Hell or Satan.
Am I the only one?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a christian and most definately believe in Hell and Satan.
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 10:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I BELEIVE THERE IS EVIL IN THIS WORLD, AND THOSE EVIL ONES PAY IN THE LONG RUN FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. THE CONCEPT OF HELL AND SATAN IS RELATED TO THIS.

Answer by older at 10:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes, I believe in both. If you read your Bible you will see there really is a Satan (or Lucifer or whatever else Scripture calls him). As for "hell" I am not sure Scripture actually refers to it as "hell" but this is an eternal damnation apart from God. And that is real. Either you will be eternally WITH Him, or eternally APART from Him.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I am not a Christian and I don't even get how the concept of hell (or heaven) makes sense to people.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Earth is hell.
    I dont believe in a brimstone and firey type place tho.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• For me, hell is just as real as Heaven.

hdb

Answer by hdb at 10:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• As a Christian, how can you pick and choose what you believe from the Bible? Either it is all truth or all a lie. Do you believe there is no Heaven either? Do you believe in salvation? Please don't read this as attacking... I'm just not understanding how you can not believe in Hell.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes, and NO... I do believe in "demon" dimentions. I do not believe in Hell as in the Common Christian sense. Which makes sense since I'm not Christian... I do not hold a belief in the Devil either. I believe there are many dimentions or relms and that some are good, some are evil and some, like this one, are in between. While most people think I'm crazy when they read that think, if you belive in Heaven aren't you believing in a "spiritual existance" or "heavenly dimention"? So, really it's not that different from common beliefs. I just say it differently. I don't believe though that we will ever access these dimentions. When we die, we assend to another but I feel we all go to the same place, our place in the afterlife is not determined by our actions here. I believe in reincarnation, so I feel that our stay in the underworld is temporary. So, my beliefs are similar and yet very different.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'm a Christian and some days I think I'm living my Hell so I certainly believe in Hell.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• For the Christians who believe there is a hell...honestly...how do you know?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2009