Constipation?

My 2 1/2 year old battles with constipation, fairly often. I know everyone has tried and true remedies for the obstacles of "toodlerhood". We get it taken care of pretty quick with a variety of techniques; applesauce, extra greens, lots of fluids, warm bath, mineral oil, sometimes even a suppository. I was just wondering if any of you had a solution that I haven't thought of yet...?

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 10:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Plum juice - just as much fiber as prune juice, but tastes better.
    half a fiber one bar
    laura_lu5

Answer by laura_lu5 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Do you give your daughter a vitamin supplement with iron? The reason why I ask is because the iron in the vitamin supplement is known for causing constipation. My pediatrician actually recommended that I get on with out since my son eats good amounts of food that contain iron. Just thought I'd run that past you.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I give my son, who already eats fruits, vegetables, whole grains, oatmeal, and all the other good stuff, a fiber supplement and nothing to drink but water.  Juice was decreasing his appetite and is very slow to gain weight.  He drinks about 12 ounces of water and has the fiber powder mixed in with his oatmeal, baby food fruit, and yogurt throughout the day.  It's safe, all-natural, and you can't smell it or taste it at all.  I got it at drugstore.com and it's Benefiber for children.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 2:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2009