Personally i think the doctors are wrong...its MY body..

I am a VERY tiny girl..im 5'5" and before i got pregnant i weighed only 104LBS (and i ate a lot of food..i have a fast matobolism)

My boyfriend is a small guy too...and in both of our familys we're all really thin people....

Last week my doctor measured my belly and said im measuring 31 weeks so the baby is only 31 weeks but im going on 37 weeks in a couple days...

Ive gained 28pounds and im pretty much JUST baby..i didnt gain wieght anywhere else..and theres no way in hell the baby could be 31 weeks because of the blood tests..when i found out i was pregnant i had been 6 weeks pregnant which makes PERFECT sense..

So could it be that since im tiny my baby bump is just tiny too and that she's not 31 weeks...

i have an ultrasound monday for them to measure her

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 11:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think measuring fundal height is a crock. It *could* show a problem but it generally means nothing, except that you are have a tiny baby bump... Doctors can be wrong, and are known to be wrong. It happens. Your baby could also be small, but that doesn't mean unhealthy?! I mean, you may birth a 6 lb baby full term, and while it's below average it's still healthy and normal for some so don't let him scare you!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• yeah- i agree- if the baby is in a certain position it can measure either big or small- wait for the ultrasound- thats not even very accurate (when i was preggo with my middle they said he was going to be 9 pounds from the ultrasound measuements but he was only 7 pounds) but its more so then the fundal measurements- but u know ur body and u know when u conceived so just wait it out
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I'm sorry, maybe ask for a 2nd opinion? If you found out at 6 weeks and are measuring small it still really couldnt be off by more than 2 weeks it seems (if I am doing my math right) Have you been measuring small the whole time? I hate measurements, my Dr doesnt measure me he just makes sure my belly is bigger every week. But not a cm measurement like alot of doc's do.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yeah i like JUST recently got my bump...and they said she kept facing my back when i was 30 weeks. (had ultrasound then)

i think she's just hiding because some other days shes pushing her whole body out of my stomach and it hurts...so..yeah
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• hey you sound just like me!! weight, height and all.. XD

but when i had my ultrasound the second or third time they said my baby "looked" younger than they thought the first time.. but they assured me that it was just an estimate and that they could be a "little off."
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 11:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I don't believe in the measuring anyway. I always measured big, and what do
    you know, my babies turned out just fine. Babies come when THEY'RE ready not when the doctor THINKS they are.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Fundal height is only used to make sure you continue to grow. Your stomach is that of one who would be 31 weeks, he probably meant your baby is small, the size of a 31 week baby...not that you were only 31 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Anon, i didnt know that part! i thought they meant i was 31 weeks...lol.

The only way that would work is if i had a miscarriage with out knowing this somehow and then got pregnant RIGHT afterward..which totally didnt happen
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• does it matter how far along you are? ? LOL.... I say just wait around & see when the baby decides to show up! Back in the day they didnt know all this stuff.. the baby decides when to come.. not when the drs say.
    Anonymous

• When they measured me using the ultrasound, they said I'd be lucky if she came out being 4 pounds. They even had the NICU there and told me she'd probably have to spend a month in there.
    She came out 5 pounds 7 ounces, and fully developed. So I'm not sure what went wrong between the measuring and actual delivery. I'm small too and just have smaller babies.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2009