Have you or anyone you know gone into labor while taking procardia/nifedipine?

I will be 35 weeks tomorrow and have been having contractions and some funneling since 31 weeks. I have been to L&D a few times and have been given shots of terbutaline to stop my labor. My doctor and the hospital I am at really want me to make it until 36 weeks. They will jump through hoops to stop labor until then (I know some other places don't really do anything past 34 weeks). Anyway I am taking 10mg of procardia/nifedipine every 4 hours with an extra 10mg on doctor's orders if I am still contracting. I am currently at a 2 and have had two previous babies born at 36.2 and 36.3, plus this will be my fourth baby in less than 3.5 years (very fertile, don't act like I don't know about birth control, I only have one good tube and did everything to prevent my third but she still came 10 months after my second, we are just very fertile). Anyway have you ever heard of or experienced L&D even though you were on procardia?

naomianne2

Asked by naomianne2 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am also on procardia. I started having contractions at 32 weeks and I went into L&D and was dialted to a 1 and 20% effaced. They put me on the procardia and so far so good. I have had a few here and there but nothing like they were last week. I guess we will see for sure when I go to the Dr Wed and see if there has been anymore progress, I really hope not cause it is to soon. I hope this helps I know its not to much info for ya but I am kinda in the same boat. Good Luck
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2009