How many baby showers did you have?

I'm throwing a baby shower today and I don't want to only b/c the girl is having 5 baby showers! I think she's being selfish having that many, but I'm too nice to say "no I won't throw you one." Just wondering how many you had and do you think 5 is too many? I only had 1.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• WOW 5!!! I had one for both of my kids. A lot of women only have one ever. But our church was nice enough to throw me two b/c I had a girl and a boy.

5 is WAYYYYY to many. I can understand you being less than excited about giving her one.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I had one. I can understand 2 or even 3 (one for each side of the extended family if they have issues, and one from church/work) but 5 is a LOT! Who is throwing her all these showers?!?
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I had four. My family threw one, my SO family threw one, people from work thew one and my best friend threw one. I didnt ask for any of them, it just happened. I think if she is askng people to throw them that is tacky but if people are volunteering thats not really her fault.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I had a last minute one done by people I didnt know for #1(church ladies did it).
    My friend gave me one for my last baby(#3).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Are different guests invited to each shower? I had a girlfriend that had three, one with just her church, a friend and family shower, then a close family only shower. However, she did not ask anyone to throw these shower, we just did. She has a VERY large family. I think 5 is a bet excessive but as long as no guests are repeated it isn't that rude.
    efsuermann

Answer by efsuermann at 11:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I've never had any. I'm pregnant with my 5th child and I didn't have a shower for any of the kids because no one thought to throw me one. We have bought pretty much everything for our kids from day one. The only things we didn't buy were the swing my older children had (that was a gift from my aunt and cousins), a bouncy chair we used with my oldest and the pack-n-play which my mom gave us (that we have used a lot and will be the bed for our youngest until he/she outgrows it or it breaks). We also got a few clothing items for our oldest when she was born and a bunch of hand me downs. But otherwise...we bought everything and I never asked for anything either.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have 3 kids, had 2 showers with my 2nd , lol . Family one and one at work!! I didnt ask for either. My oldest I was 15 when I had him and a few people brought me some things after he was born but no big shower. The same with my youngest.
    locomother

Answer by locomother at 11:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• i only had one and i was told that you only suppose to have one big one with the first and that is it not for every child you have.
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I had three.

Honestly, showers are usually held by friends, family and co-workers and you don't get to control how many you have because you're not hosting them. When someone throws you a party, you graciously accept the kindness. Unless SHE is the host of ALL of these parties and no one is throwing them for her, she's absolutely not selfish. How wonderful that she has so many people in her life that want to honor her in this way and make sure her baby is provided for.

I had a shower in my hometown thrown by my home church and parents (in NJ). I had a shower thrown at the nursing home that I worked for by all of my co-workers (I was the pseudo-head of the rehab Social Services office so I had contact with almost everyone that worked there and they all wanted to do something nice) and I had another one thrown by my In-laws in the town that I live in now for all of the friends I have here i n this state and for family
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Wow greedy much?!
    Like some people mentioned some jobs throw baby showers for people & their church sometimes. But 5?! Unless she has 3 kids and a church plus the one you are throwing for her I dont see how she can have 5 showers?! That makes me sick when people are so greedy. I would NEVER allow anyone to throw me that many showers. I had one with my first and one with my 2nd (first was a girl, 2nd was a boy - 3 years apart) and no one gave me ONE single gift with my 3rd.. not an outfit or NOTHING - he was born 3 years after my 2nd and we didnt have any of our baby stuff anymore had to buy everything ourselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009